Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Jesus' Brothers and Sisters

Scripture:

Matthew 12:50  "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother".

Observation:

The brothers and mother of Jesus were coming through the crowd to see Him.  His disciples told Him they were coming and His response was the above verse.  He said that whoever does God's will is His brother and sister and mother.  Jesus taught that His closest relatives were the people who were doing what His Father wanted them to do.

Application:

Many people want to be close to Jesus, but don't want to do the will of the Father.  We should be people who pursue God's will more than anything else in life.  It is when we are fully committed to the Lord and His will that we are seen as brothers and sisters of Christ.  Closeness with Jesus equals obedience to the Father.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, empower me to live a life that is pleasing to You in every area.  I want to do Your will with all my heart.  I want all You have for me in my life.  Open my ears to hear and my eyes to see what You have for me every day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment