Thursday, January 29, 2015

Say to the People

Scripture:

Exodus 6:6  "Therefore, say to the people of Israel: 'I am the Lord.  I will free you from your oppression and will rescue you from your slavery in Egypt.  I will redeem you with a powerful arm and great acts of judgment'".

Observation:

God spoke to Moses and told him what to say to the people of Israel who were under Egyptian slavery.  He told Moses to let them know that He was going to set them free, whether they believed it or not, it was going to happen.  Their faith was almost gone, but the Lord promised them He was going to deliver them.  He let them know through Moses what He was about to do.

Application:

Can we be trusted to be the mouthpiece of God?  Can God give us words for people and trust that we will deliver what He says?  Just like in Moses' day, people today are in bondage to many things.  God is telling this generation to "say to the people" that He is God and will set them free.  When He speaks, will we say yes?

Prayer:

Father, help me to always say yes to You.  Let me be your mouthpiece in my generation.  Help me to accurately declare your words to people.  You are the God who sets His people free with a powerful arm and great acts of judgment.  Rise up Oh Lord and demonstrate Your power in my generation.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment