Friday, March 29, 2013

Renewed Youth

Scripture:

Psalm 103:5  "He fills my life with good things.  My youth is renewed like the eagle's".

Observation:

In this Psalm, David is desiring to praise the Lord with everything he has.  He realizes that every good thing in his life came from the Lord and not from the work of his own hands.  David had lots of "good things", but he knew where they all came from.  He had many skills, but he knew where they came from.  He also accredited God with renewing his youth like the eagle.  He attributes every good thing in his life to the Lord instead of to himself or anything else.

Application:

God blesses those who fully trust in Him and who lean upon Him continually.  He wants us to be in the position where we realize that nothing good that we have comes from ourselves and that every good thing in our lives comes from Him.  When we come into that place, we can also expect our youth to be renewed like the eagle's.  He is God and He can reverse the aging process if he desires.  I want to look and feel young till the day He takes me away.

Prayer:

Father, You have filled my life with good things.  You are an amazing provider!  I have never been in a situation that you have not rescued me from somehow.  You are incredible and I want to praise you with all my heart.  You are worthy of all my praise.  You have provided for every need in my life.  Teach me to trust you more and not to lean on my own understanding.  When I am stressed out about life, help me to trust You more.  Renew my youth and let me feel young again.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment