Thursday, March 14, 2013

With God's Help

Scripture:

Psalm 60:12 "With God's help we will do mighty things, for he will trample down our foes".

Observation:

David realized that the battle was the Lord's.  He knew deeply and was convinced that God would fight his battles.  Sometimes he wavered and questioned why God was allowing his enemies to prosper, but deep down he was convinced that God would see him through any situation that came up.  David had a mighty army, but he knew it was God's help that made them successful in battle.  He gave God, not his powerful troops, the credit for trampling down their foes.

Application:

Do I really believe that with God's help we will do mighty things?  Am I really convinced that I can defeat any enemy because God is with me?  Do I know that I know that God will rescue me?  If I did, I would not allow worry or fear into my life.  I need to grow in fully trusting God will defend me like He did David.  God is awesome and can be trusted.  I need to rely on Him more each day of my life.  I need to repeat in my mind over and over today, "With God's help we will do mighty things".

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You know where I am and what I'm going through.  You know my ups and downs.  You know I want to serve you diligently and with all my heart.  You know I want nothing more than to advance Your kingdom throughout the earth.  I do need a breakthrough financially and I continue to look at what I can do to pay for college, etc. when I am in debt.  You are my supply!  Please supply abundantly and get my family out of debt and into abundance.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment