Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Trusting God's Unfailing Love

Scripture:

Psalm 52:8 "But I am like an olive tree, thriving in the house of God.  I will always trust in God's unfailing love."

Observation:

David says in this verse that he is like and olive tree that is thriving in the house of God and that he always trusts in God's unfailing love.  David trusted in God's love for him.  He knew that God loved him and would not allow anything bad or wrong to happen to him.  He had absolute confidence that God would take care of anything or anyone who came against him.  He knew that God's love would never fail him and that is the definition of faith.

Application:

Real faith says, "I trust in God's unfailing love".  Faith puts complete trust and reliance in God, knowing that He loves you and will not allow you to go through more than you can bear.  We need to live our lives fully and completely trusting that God loves us and will take care of us.  Trusting that He knows what is best for us and that we don't.

Prayer:

Lord, help me today to trust You more.  I give you my life and ask you to direct my steps, order my path and show me the way.  Give me strength to do what You put in my heart and grace to fulfill Your will for my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment