Tuesday, March 5, 2013

God's GPS System

Scripture:

Psalm 32:8 "The Lord says, 'I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  I will advise you and watch over you'".

Observation:

David is a man who has his ups and downs, yet honestly pursues the Lord with all his heart.  David is a God-seeker!  In this passage the Lord speaks to him and tells him that the Lord would guide him along the best pathway for you life and advise and watch over him.  God knows best where we should be at what time and what is coming up in our near future and He is the best one to guide us.

Application:

God wants to guide His people as we pursue Him and His plans for our lives.  When we get off track, the divine GPS should whisper, "re-routing" or "re-calculating".  If we are open to Him and desire to follow Him, He will lead us along, not just any path, but "the best pathway" for our lives.  We should hear His voice telling us to change directions, take this job, don't live here, apply there, serve in this church, go to that person's house.  He wants to direct our lives and He is extremely good at it.  Our only problem is that we like to be in control of our own destiny and not leave that to God.  He knows the best path and we must seek Him to find it.

Prayer:

Father lead me today into the best path for my life.  Advise me and watch over me.  Help me not to make mistakes today because I didn't listen to Your voice.  Guide me today by Your voice and don't let me get off track.  Open my ears to hear you and strengthen my heart to say yes and to follow You wherever you lead.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment