Friday, March 15, 2013

From God Alone

Scripture:

Psalm 62:7  "My victory and honor come from God alone.  He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me".

Observation:

David knew that, no matter how successful he was, his victory and honor came from God alone.  David lived a God-centered life.  It was God who received all the praise for David's mighty military victories.  It was God who defended him and protected him.  He knew where his help came from and that without God, he could not rule the country or have any victory at all.

Application:

Just as David lived a God-centered life, I also need to live a life that speaks volumes about God's goodness to my generation.  I want to see victories in my life that enable me to shout out the praises of God in my generation.  I want to live a life that makes God look awesome and causes his enemies to be jealous.  I want to live a life that honors God and exalts his name.

Prayer:

Lord, You are incredible and I want to lift up Your name.  I realize that any victories in my life have come from You.  You are my refuge and a rock in my life.  I want it to be more and more like this every day.  I want to make your name great in my generation.  I want to share the amazing stories of how God works in the lives of His people.  Help me to honor You in every possible way.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment