Friday, March 8, 2013

I Will Put My Hope in God

Scripture:

Psalm 42:11 "Why am I discouraged?  Why is my heart so sad?  I will put my hope in God!  I will praise Him again - my Savior and my God!"

Observation:

The Psalmist writes this verse and you hear a little of his conversation with himself.  David said he encouraged or strengthened himself in the Lord.  Here the descendants of Korah are writing and speaking to themselves in song.  They ask the question many of us are afraid to ask, "Why?"  "Why am I discouraged?"  "Why is my heart so sad?"  The Psalmist acknowledges the fact that He is sad and discouraged.  Sometimes I feel it is a lack of faith to speak out that I am discouraged or sad, but the Psalmist had no problem with it, and apparently neither did God.

Application:

We need to be real with God.  It doesn't bother Him when we say we are scared, frustrated, discouraged, upset, etc.  He who designed and made us knows us best.  He already knows how and what we are feeling so we shouldn't have a problem being real with Him and crying out what is really in our heart.  The Psalmists were people who walked with God and were totally honest with Him.  I need to be more honest with God about what I feel.

Prayer:

Father, help me to be more real with You.  Teach me to vent my frustrations to You.  Teach me to cast my care on You because You care for me.  Thank you for showing me this today.  I love You and want to spend some time with You today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment