Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Joy Comes From a Right Heart

Scripture:

Psalm 97:11  "Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right".

Observation:

The Psalmist is talking about how God blesses the godly and judges unrighteousness.  From this passage I see that when our heart is right, light from God shines on us and joy fills us.  The joy of the Lord is our strength.  Therefore, if I keep my heart right before God, joy will come to me which will also give me strength.  My strength is directly proportional to my heart being right with God.

Application:

Recently I have been noticing people's eyes.  You can tell a lot about someone by looking at their eyes.  Some people's eyes are full of light and life, others are dim with care and concern.  We need to continually be seeking the Lord and keeping our heart right before Him.  As we do, He will shine His light on us and give us joy, which in turn will strengthen us.  Real life begins with getting our heart right with the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, search my heart and help me keep it right before You.  It is You that I serve.  You are the reason I do what I do.  Teach me to walk a balanced life with a right heart.  I need You Lord to help me today.  I want your light in my eyes and your joy in my heart again.  Forgive me for allowing myself to get so busy that I don't have time to really hear Your voice.  I need You more than life itself.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment