Friday, March 22, 2013

The Lord will Withhold No Good Thing

Scripture:

Psalm 84:11  "For the Lord God is our sun and shield.  He gives us grace and glory.  The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right".

Observation:

This Psalm is an encouraging word after many Psalms that talk about the enemy taking over and destroying them it is good to see one that lifts up the name of the Lord and speaks good thing of Him.  From this verse I see that God loves to bless His children who are truly following in His ways.  He will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. 

Application:

We have a phrase in this passage that is the key phrase.  "from those who do what is right" are strong words that define who God deals with in His blessing.  Many times we love to quote the promises of God, but promises usually have conditions.  This condition is that we do what is right.  When we become the people who do what is right, God will come through on His end of the promise and will withhold no good thing from us.  We must also realize that a "good thing" to us may not be a "good thing" to the Lord.  His will above ours always

Prayer:

Lord, You are amazing and your promises are true.  Thank you for not withholding good things from my life.  Help me to keep up my end of the promise by doing what is right in your eyes.  Show me areas of my life that need to change and help me to change them.  Shape me Lord into someone You can bless.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment