Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Renewed Hope and Cheer

Scripture:

Psalm 94:19 "When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer".

Observation:

The Psalmist is talking about God's unfailing love for us and how God always rescues us when we are in trouble.  Here he says that when doubts filled his mind, that God's comfort gave him renewed hope and cheer.  He is really speaking about God's comfort.  It is the comfort of God that gave him new hope and cheer.  God always comforts those who are hurting, when they look to Him.

Application:

In order to stay renewed in hope and cheer, we must learn to seek out God's comfort.  The only way to experience His comfort is to spend time in His presence.  We must look to God first instead of every other solution.  He is the source of comfort, which will provide hope and cheer.  The other thing I see here is that the author was not afraid to say he was filled with doubts at times.  Everyone has their doubts here and there, but real men of God remain in His presence until comfort comes from Him.

Prayer:

Lord, I have been stressed out a lot lately and I need Your comfort.  I want to have time in Your presence, but my time seems to go so many places.  Thank You for this week of Spring Break where I can rest some slow down a little bit.  I feel like I have been in a sprint for too long.  I need You more now than ever before.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment