Thursday, March 21, 2013

That My People Would Listen to Me

Scripture:

Psalm 81:13 "Oh, that my people would listen to Me!  Oh, that Israel would follow Me, walking in My paths".

Observation:

God is speaking in this Psalm through the Psalmist.  He is longing for His people to listen to Him, follow Him and walk in His paths.  God wants His people to and trust Him desperately.  He wants his people to know that He is awesome and can do anything they need.  He is like a father to us who sincerely wants us to listen to Him because He knows what 's best for our lives.  He knows where each path leads and wants us to walk on His path.

Application:

We must listen to God like He is truly God and has all the answers to life.  If He is an all-knowing, all-powerful God, then we should be pursuing Him every day dilligently.  We are good at figuring out our own paths, which usually lead to trouble.  God wants us to trust Him enough to listen for His voice.  His purpose: our blessing!  He wants to bless our lives, but we must pursue Him and His ways above our own.

Prayer:

Father, I want to know You more today than I did yesterday.  Help me today to stay in line with you and to listen to Your voice.  Show me the way and I will do my best to walk in it. 

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment