Friday, March 1, 2013

Confidence in the Lord

Scripture:

Psalm 20:6 "Now I know that the Lord rescues his anointed king.  He will answer him from His holy heaven and rescue him by His great power".

Observation:

In this verse I see such confidence and trust in the Lord from David.  I love the words "I know".  David was totally convinced that the Lord would rescue him.  He was convinced that God would answer him from heaven and rescue him by His great power.  He didn't say "I hope" the Lord will rescue me.  He used the strong words "I know".  These are words of true faith and trust in the Lord.

Application:

I have always tested high in the faith section when I take spiritual gifts tests, but I can't say that I have the confidence that David had.  I want to move from "believing God can" to "knowing God will".  There is a huge difference and I believe this is the kind of faith that moves the hand of God.  I feel like I need to make the change of mind from "believing God can" to "knowing God will".  Sometimes when we step out in faith and proclaim things that later don't come to pass, we become hesitant to speak out again the things God is putting in our hearts.  I feel God pulling me back to speaking forth in bold declaration what He will do.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to walk like David walked, in total and complete confidence that You will rescue him no matter what is happening around him.  I want that confidence in my life at a new and higher level.  I do know that you hear me when I cry out to You, but I want to be more confident you will come through every time.  Help me to walk by faith and not by sight.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment