Thursday, February 28, 2013

He is a Shield

Scripture:

Psalm 18:30  "God's way is perfect.  All the Lord's promises prove true.  He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection".

Observation:

David is singing a song to the Lord about how God has rescued him from all his enemies.  He is praising God for his protection and for defeating Israel's enemies.  I notice that David doesn't take the credit for having a great army, rather, he gives honor to God for every part of his victory.  Here he says that God is a shield for all who look to Him for protection.  When God's shield is up, we are totally and completely safe from all harm.  When God's shield goes down, we are vulnerable to every attack.

Application:

I want God's protection and shield operating well in my life.  It was when Job's shield or "hedge" of protection came down, that his life fell apart.  The end of this verse is important because the Psalmist says that there is a part of this equation that we must do.  We must look to Him for protection.  I need to start looking to God more for my protection instead of trying to defend myself.  I want God to be my protector, He does a better job at it than I do.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are the protector of those who look to You for protection.  I look to You to protect my life, my health, my finances, my family, my church, my friends, etc.  I look to you to stop every attack of the enemy spiritually, emotionally, and physically.   You are my God and I trust You with taking care of me.  You are amazing and I love You.  Show me Your plans for me today and make clear the path.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment