Monday, February 11, 2013

God's Unfailing Love

Scripture:

Job 10:12 "You gave me life and showed me your unfailing love.  My life was preserved by your care".

Observation:

In the beginning of this chapter and after this verse, Job is talking to God and asking why He even allowed Job to be born.  Job was miserable and was asking God why He would have let him live this long.  In the midst of his questions and remarks to God about wishing he had never been born, he makes this statement, "You gave me life and showed me Your unfailing love.  My life was preserved by your care".  He knew, even in the midst of a terrible trial, that God gave him life, showed him unfailing love and had preserved him.

Application:

Even in the midst of the worst situations, we can know that God loves us and that He will continue to take care of us.  At this point in Job's life, everything was taken from him and even his own wife had told him to curse God and die, yet he was honoring and speaking well of the Lord.  We must learn to be people who truly trust God and remember that He is in control, even when we don't understand what is goin on or why He would let things happen in our lives.  He is the reason we haven't died yet.  He is our everything!

Prayer:

Lord, I trust You with my life.  You made me.  You know what I can handle.  You know where I am today and I trust You to work strongly in my life.  You are the God of amazing power and I submit myself afresh to You.  Have Your way in my life.  I trust You to do in me all You want to do.  My life is in your hands completely.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment