Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I Will Sing

Scripture:

Psalm 13:6 "I will sing to the Lord because He is good to me".

Observation:

This Psalm shows the heart of David.  The first four verses basically he is asking God why He has forsaken him.  He tells the Lord he is going to die if God doesn't do something to rescue him.  He feels like his enemies are defeating him and God isn't working on his behalf anymore.  Then he says, "But I will trust in Your unfailing love...I will sing to the Lord because He is good to me".  Even when He felt like the Lord wasn't listening to him, David worshiped.

Application:

It's hard to sing songs of praise to God when it feels like He isn't answering our prayers and is nowhere to be found.  We need to be determined, like David, that God is good and His love is unfailing, no matter what we are feeling at the time.  He is faithful! We must realize that and worship Him for who He is.  We must worship, not just because He did some special deed in our lives, but because He is God.  Singing a song of worship nearly always changes our perspective on our current situations.  David said, "I will sing", and I am determined to do the same this morning.

Prayer:

Father, You love is amazing and You have been good to me.  Help me to love and appreciate You more each day.  I want to declare like David that You have been good to me, even when I don't feel like it is true.  I want to know You more.   I want my life to honor You in every way.  Show me Your desire for my life and give me strength to follow it.  I am Yours.

Your Son,
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. I like to worship God .Worshiping God is praying twice.God is looking for the true worshipers (John 4;23). Worshiping makes God to move and release His power, and break chains. I will continue to sing and worship my GOD whatever my concern. thank you PASTOR
    DAMIEN

    ReplyDelete