Friday, February 1, 2013

Grace, Peace and Knowledge

Scripture:

II Peter 1:2 "May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord".

Observation:

Peter is writing a letter to Christians who are following the Lord.  In the introduction to the book he prays that God would give them more and more grace and peace as they grow in Him.  It is God who gives us the grace and peace to know Him more.  We can't really grow in God ourselves.  It is He who give us growth grace!  We can study and do the knowledge of God part, but even that is empowered by God's grace, not our works.

Application:

Grace is the empowering of God to do what He wants us to do.  Peter prays that our grace would grow more and more.  We should take away from this today that our spiritual growth is important and we need to study hard and pray hard, but that it is God who gives us the grace to do that.  It is He thats put spiritual growth in our hearts in the first place.  It is He who empowers us to live a life that pleases Him.  The more we desire to know Him, the greater grace will come into our lives.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me about your grace and peace.  Give me the grace to know You deeper and more each day.  I want to know Your heart on many matters right now in my life and I ask You to direct my thoughts and path.  I need your grace and peace to flood my soul today as I pursue You and Your will today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment