Friday, February 15, 2013

God's Testing Times

Scripture:

Job 23:10  "But He knows where I am going.  And when He tests me, I will come out as pure as gold".

Observation:

Job understood the fact that God does test us from time to time and was determined to come out of the testing as pure as gold.  He was being tested at levels that are beyond our imagination.  His children had died, his health was almost gone, his fortune was gone and there was barely anything left and yet he says, "when He tests me, I will come out as pure as gold". 

Application:

Most of us would have already thrown in the towel and given up on ever seeing better days.  When we are being tested, it always appears that we will never come out of it.  Testing is no fun to us, but it demonstrates our level of commitment to God.  Unless we are tested we don't know whether we are gold, silver, or wood, hay or stubble.  When seasons of testing come into our lives, may we say like Job, "I will come out as pure as gold" rather than turning from God or taking matters into our own hands.

Prayer:

Father, when I am tested, help me come out like pure gold.  Help me not to be a whiner when testing comes, but to be a strong individual who understands what is happening and passes the test with flying colors.  I want to serve You well and I want my life to count for eternity.  Help me pass the tests.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment