Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Greatness of His Power

Scripture:

Job 37:5 "God's voice is glorious in the thunder.  We can't even imagine the greatness of His power".

Observation:

Job's friend Elihu is speaking in this portion of scripture and is telling Job about how incredible God is.  While talking about God, he says, "We can't even imagine the greatness of His power."  This verse jumped out at me this morning because this guy had a good perception about how awesome God really is.  He knew it was beyond our comprehension.

Application:

If I really believe that God's power cannot even be imagined by me and that I am His child, then I should live much differently than I do right now.  When you know that the most powerful person in the world is with you every day and lives in you,, your life should change dramatically.  I need to get a glimpse once again of the power of the God I serve.  I know He is great and powerful in my head, but I don't live every minute of every day like He is within me.

Prayer:

Father, you are absolutely powerful and You have chosen to fellowship with me.  You are amazing!  Help me to see your power and to walk as someone who knows your power is with me at all times.   Teach me to walk in your power and not fret the little things of life.  I know I get stressed out financially and wonder how we will make it when my father's city has gold streets.  Help me to be in the place where I can tap into that amazing power of yours.

Sincerely,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment