Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Shouts of Joy

Scripture:

Psalm 118:15 "Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous.  The Lord's right hand has done mighty things".

Observation:

The Psalmist speaks here about what happens to the righteous.  He says they are surrounded by shouts of joy and victory because the Lord has done mighty things.  He connects being righteous with the Lord doing mighty things.  He shows his belief that God causes his people to win and be victorious in life.

Application:

When we are living a righteous life and serving God with all our hearts, we should be able to expect Him to do mighty things in our lives and around us.  We should be able to expect every enemy to be defeated because "if God is for us, who can be against us?'  I want shouts of joy and victory back in my life.  I need to reaffirm my trust of Him.  I need to see some answers to prayers and some victories in my life right now.

Prayer:

Lord, I am tired, exhausted, and dried up.  I feel like I am so empty right now.  I need You to fill me afresh with Your Spirit.  I need to see some victories and see that You are still for me and with me.  I give myself to You once again today and ask You to bring my shout of joy and victory back.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment