Thursday, April 18, 2013

Straight Ahead

Scripture:

Proverbs 4:25  "Let you eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you".

Observation:

Solomon tells us that we need to keep looking straight ahead and to fix our gaze directly in front of us.  I see here the importance of eliminating the distractions from our lives.  Things that get us looking back or to the sides, slow our progress forward.  It is very difficult to go forward when you are looking backward. 

Application:

I have been overrun the past year with distractions, things that pull my attention off the main things in my life.  It seems like I get pulled to the side, pulled backward, and distracted from my main purpose.  Not all distractions are bad, but too many can stop our sense of forward progress.  When I have no time to look to the future and where we are going from here, my vision fades and when my vision fades, my church struggles.  I must take the time to look forward and to move that direction instead of being pulled around everywhere else.

Prayer:

Father, you said Your Spirit would guide us.  Thank You for guiding me this morning and helping me get on focus.  Enable me by Your Spirit to keep looking ahead and to fix my gaze on where we are going instead of being distracted all the time.  Help me to stay on track and to always be a leader who is out on the cutting edge, leading my people to victory.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment