Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Imitate the Right People

Scripture:

III John 11 - Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good.  Anyone who does what is good is from God.  Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God".

Observation:

John is writing to his dear friend Gaius and tells him here not to imitate what is evil.  To imitate is to "do what they do".  God does not want his children to do what the rest of the fallen world is doing.  Rather than imitating and looking like the world, God wants us to reflect the image of his Son.  He tells us to imitate what is good.  When we imitate evil, he says here that we have not seen God.

Application:

God doesn't tell us not to imitate people, He just tells us to imitate the right people.  Two things God is speaking to me here: 1. I need to find someone who I look up to in life and ministry and begin imitating what is good in their lives.  2. I need to provide an example to those around me of a person worth imitating.  I need to live a life worth imitating.  Paul said, "follow me as I follow Christ" and I need to be able to say the same about every area of life. 

Prayer:

Father God, I love you and want to be an excellent servant of Yours.  Help me to live a life worthy of imitation.  Help me to walk fully in Your Spirit and demonstrate a life that is fully submitted to Christ and the Holy Spirit.  I want You to live in me and through me so that I can live a life worthy of imitation.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment