Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Whatever He Wants

Scripture:

Psalm 135:6  "The Lord does whatever pleases Him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths".

Observation:

The Psalmist is describing the awesomeness of God and giving Him praise.  In the midst of this, he says that the Lord is great and greater than all other gods.  He says that God does whatever he wants to do.  What can God do? Anything he wants to do!  Nothing is too difficult for Him and He can do whatever pleases Him.

Application:

I'm reminded of my favorite line from the movie "Napoleon Dynamite" where a kid on the school bus asks Napoleon, "What are you going to do today?" and Napoleon replies, "whatever I feel like I want to do".  God can truly do whatever he feels like He wants to do.  Fortunately for us, He loves us with a love that is deeper and stronger than any we can experience on this earth and His power is directed towards us for good and not evil.  Fortunately, we are His children and He loves us because He can truly do "whatever pleases Him".

Prayer:

Lord God, You are awesome in power and control the very universe.  You could destroy me and my nation in a moment if you chose.  Thank you for choosing to use your incredible power to bless my life.  Thank you for this season of blessing that we seem to be in right now.  You are the best!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment