Friday, April 26, 2013

Working the Land or Chasing Fantasies

Scripture:

Proverbs 28:19  "Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies will have their fill of poverty".

Observation:

Solomon, in all his wisdom, makes some very simple statements that are also very profound.  Here he talks about the simple man who works his land faithfully and how he will have abundant food and provision for his family.  On the other hand, the man who chases fantasies, will not get what they are after.  The planting, caring, growing, and then harvesting of land takes time.  Get rich quick schemes fade and fill people with poverty, but the wise continue to sow, grow and reap until they see the blessing.

Application:

In the long run, nothing beats good hard work.  The man who works hard instead of chasing fantasies, will always come out better off.  There is no short cut to seeing the blessing of God.  Faithfulness always wins over quick rewards.  Working the land for me today speaks of working the spiritual land of Ashburn, VA and continuing to do so by planting seeds of the Gospel everywhere I go.  Rather than crying out to God continually that He would send masses of people to our church, He wants me to work the land bringing in one soul at a time.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to sow seed today in some one's life that will produce fruit.  Help me be a better farmer of the land You have sent me to.  Help me to sow, grow and harvest one person at a time for Your kingdom.  I need your strength to work the land today.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment