Friday, April 12, 2013

Show Me the Way I Should Go

Scripture:

Psalm 143:8  "Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life".

Observation:

This is a Psalm of David, who looked to the Lord for everything.  When he didn't know where to go, he asked the Lord.  Before he went into battle, he asked the Lord.  Before he did anything, he asked the Lord.  David exemplifies a person who has truly placed their trust in the Lord completely.  He was continually asking God for direction which shows that he truly wanted to be in the Lord's will at all times and that he trusted the Lord completely.

Application:

Entrusting my life to the Lord completely means that I trust Him with every decision pertaining to my life.  It means that I don't do anything without asking Him.  Entrusting my life to Him means that I allow Him to make my major decisions instead of me.  If my sons trust me, then they will listen to me and do what I say, even when it seems to make no sense to them.  We must ask the Lord for direction in our lives and not move until He has clearly spoken.  I am safer in a war zone in the will of God than at Wal-Mart out of the will of God.

Prayer:

Father, I need your direction.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.  I trust You to order the steps of my life.  Show me the way Lord.  I am yours completely and I don't want to step out of Your will for a minute.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment