Monday, April 8, 2013

I Wait for the Lord

Scripture:

Psalm 130:5 "I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in His word I put my hope".

Observation:

The psalmist writes here about waiting on the Lord with everything he has and he adds that he puts his hope in God's word.  He put his hope, not in a plan or program or even a person.  Rather, he put his hope in the word of God, then he waited with all of his being for the promise to come to pass.

Application:

I have high hopes about what God's word to me, but waiting on them to happen is no fun for me.  I wants all of God's promises in my life fulfilled now, but He wants me to wait on Him so that the credit can only go to Him.  While I'm waiting for the breakthrough to come, I must put my hope in God's word.  I need to find some promises and stand on them...until.

Prayer:

Father God, I want to be more effective for You.  Guide my life and teach me to put my hope in Your word while waiting on your promises.  You have spoken many things to me concerning my life.  Now help me to wait correctly for the fulfillment of all of them.  Teach me to trust Your word more.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment