Friday, April 5, 2013

Great Peace and Never Stumble

Scripture:

Psalm 119:165  "Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble".

Observation:

The psalmist is writing quite extensively about the Word of God, or the Law of the Lord.  Here he tells us that those who love God's word, law, commands, decrees, etc will have great peace and nothing will be able to make them stumble.  The more time spent in the Word of God, the less likely we are to stumble and more peace will enter our lives.

Application:

The world is looking for peace and stability.  Here we receive the answer to peace and stability, loving God's law and His word.  We must go from reading God's word in our daily wash to "loving" God's law, then we will find the peace and stability we need to live life completely.  We need to move from "studying" God's law to "loving" God's law.  Something you study, you learn about, something you love, you desire to know more intimately.

Prayer:

Father, let me fall as in love with Your word as I am with You.  Your word is powerful and I want to know it more and more.  Teach me things daily as I enter Your word.  Show me more I pray and help me to implement it in my life.  I want Your peace and I never want to stumble.  Help me to love Your word.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment