Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Unquenchable Love

Scripture:

Song of Songs 8:7 "Many waters cannot quench love, nor can rivers drown it. If a man tried to buy love with all his wealth, his offer would be utterly scorned".

Observation:

Solomon writes this verse talking about the power of love. Love is unquenchable! Rivers can't drown it! It can't be bought! Love is something everyone desires deep in their heart, but many never find the real thing. Love between a man and a woman is meant to be life long, yet so often today people allow love to be quenched by self desire and selfishness.

Application:

Don't let anything, or anyone, quench the love for your spouse. Though rivers of trouble and hard times may try to drown the love between you and your spouse, don't let it! Real love is unquenchable and undrownable, but we must get to the place of real love. Real love is not selfish, not rude, not self-serving, not jealous, not an emotion, but a commitment. Real love determines that the other person is valuable and deserves to be treated with kindness and respect. Real love gives, false love takes. Real love serves, false love wants to be served. Real love is unstoppable, false loved can be quenched. Go after real love and let it last a lifetime!

Prayer:

Lord, teach me real love. Help me to love with the love of Christ. Help me to love unconditionally. Allow Your love to fill my life, that I may give it to others. Never let my love for my wife be quenched. Don't let rivers drown it. Let me love Cheryl with the real love I described here all the days of my life. You are my example of love and I want to be just like You.

Love you,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment