Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Created for Good Works

Scripture:

Ephesians 2:10 "We are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in".

Observation:

Paul is telling the Ephesian believers that God is working on us and that we were created for good works. These good works were prepared by God beforehand. This tells me that God has works planned out for every believer. I wonder how many people are actually doing the good works God has prepared for us. God is working on us, so that we can do good works for Him. We were created for good works and God is doing His work on us so we can do those works planned out for us. This tells me that we have to allow God to continue to work on us. It also tells me that every individual has a purpose in God's Kingdom. It is our job to find those things we were created to do and do them!

Application:

We must become people who are not satisfied with just living life and going through the motions. Are you doing what God has created you to do? Are you allowing Him to do His workmanship on you? Are you doing your own will or God's? These are the questions we must asks ourselves. I don't want to get to heaven and here the Lord say, you did a great job at the wrong thing. I want to hear, "well done good and faithful servant". I want to finish every plan He has for me.

Prayer:

Lord, keep my ears tuned to Your voice and my eyes seeing what You have for me. I don't want to end up having done the wrong thing really well, but I want to give myself to do You will. Help me to die to myself and what I think and allow You to fulfill Your plan in my life. I need you Lord! Let me do every good work that You prepared for me, and let me do some that were prepared for someone else who didn't do theirs.

You're the Best,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment