Wednesday, October 28, 2009

All My Fault

Scripture:

Jonah 1:12 "'Throw me into the sea', Jonah said, 'and it will become calm again. I know that this terrible storm is all my fault'".

Observation:

Jonah knew he had been disobedient to God and was trying to sail the opposite direction from where God was sending him. He didn't realize that his disobedience would put others into the place of danger. This verse reminds me that my obedience or disobedience to God has consequences on those around me. Every decision I make affects someone else's life.

Application:

We need to think about this before we act or choose to "not fully obey" the Lord. We need to live our lives in complete obedience. Jonah realized that his disobedience was causing problems for everyone on board the ship. He realized that he was the problem for everyone else on board the ship. We need to seriously think about our obedience level with the Lord because people will be impacted by every wrong decision.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to fully obey You. I want Your hand of blessing on my life. I want to serve You fully, but I also realize there are times when I don't "fully" obey what I feel You have put in my spirit for some reason or another. Give me strength to always do what you are calling me to do and to finish the work You have given me to do. I want my life to bring blessing to others and not for them to be adversely affected by my disobedience.

I love you Lord,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment