Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Pathway to Life

Scripture:

Proverbs 10:17 "Those who accept discipline are on the pathway to life, but those who ignore correction will go astray".

Observation:

The author is now giving his Proverb couplets of awesome one liners. He is giving forth great wisdom and golden nuggets to live by. In this particular nugget, he talks about something nobody likes to talk about, discipline. It is a word that we don't like because it will make us accountable and make us change. Accepting discipline is hard for most people, but the author says if we accept it, we are on the path to life.

Application:

I want to live on the path to life. I want to live a life that bring life everywhere I go. Discipline is not easy, but it puts us on the right path. We should never run away from discipline, but endure discipline and learn from it. Those who love and accept discipline will continue to grow, those who feel they are above discipline are in for a fall. Everyone needs someone above them that can speak hard words into their life. Correction was put there for a purpose, to grow us into the image of Jesus Christ. The pathway for to life comes through accepting discipline from those God has set in authority over us. Run to it and not away!

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to receive discipline and not run from being corrected. WE all make mistakes and I want to see my mistakes, correct them, and become a better person for it. Help me to remain accountable to others throughout my life. I want to be on the pathway that leads to life.

You are the Best!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment