Monday, October 26, 2009

Put on Your New Nature

Scripture:

Colossians 3:10 "Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like Him".

Observation:

Paul tells the Colossians to "put on" their new nature. He speaks of it like putting on a garment. he adds to the statement that we should be renewed as we learn to know God and become like Him. Being renewed is work. Renewing a car takes time and effort. Renewing a car requires alot of sanding away the old and stripping it down to the original state, then rebuilding it with new parts, paint, etc. As we know God more and more, our old nature should be stripped away and we should be rebuilt to look like Jesus and reflect his character in our lives.

Application:

I want to stay in the garage until His work on me is complete. The renewing process is work and doesn't just happen without us "putting on" the Lord Jesus Christ. Many Christians come to Christ, get content and never grow into maturity and become like the God we say we serve. His goal for us is that we become like Him, yet we don't stay in the renewing garage long enough for Him to do His work on us. When He starts sanding and stripping things away, our flesh doesn't like it. We must be determined to allow His processes to work in our lives instead of looking for an easy way out. Stay in the garage and on the Potter's Wheel until you look like the Creator Himself.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to mature in You. I want to grow up and become more like Christ every day. Put me in the garage and let me withstand the stripping and sanding until Your image is seen more clearly in me. Let me be a good representative of yours. Help me not to run when problems come, but to realize I am Your workmanship and that I need to stay in the garage until I am fully renewed.

Love you,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment