Saturday, October 31, 2009

That You May Live!

Scripture:

Amos 5:14 "Do what is good and run from evil do that you may live! Then the Lord God of Heaven's Armies will be your helper, just as you have claimed".

Observation:

Amos has placed judgment and pronounced gloom and doom and several surrounding nations. now he turns this judgments toward Israel. He is telling Israel that they are going to be destroyed because they have not followed God's commands. Finally, we see a little hope for them as he says, "Do what is good and run from evil so that you may live!"

Application:

God wants to be our helper, but we must be in a position to receive His help. Holy Spirit is also called our comforter. He is there to bring us comfort in the midst of any storm. This is what He wants to do, but Amos tells us how to get to that point. He says we must do what is good and run from what is evil. This is where most of us fail. God is wanting to bless us, but we are not willing to run away from evil and toward God. We are satisfied with the lives we are living, so we don't get more of what God has in store for us. If you want to really live, do what is good and run from evil.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live the life You have prepared for me. I want to finish the course strong. Give me strength to do what is good and run from evil. You are the best and worthy of all honor. I want Your blessing and I am willing to live the life You want me to. Let my life be pleasing in Your sight almighty God.

Amen,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment