Monday, October 5, 2009

How to get Good Judgment

Scripture:

Proverbs 9:10 "Fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgment".

Observation:

The author of this section is talking about wisdom and it's blessings in your life. He comes near the end of his section on wisdom and says, "fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom". Wisdom is built on a foundation called the fear of the Lord. Fearing God is the beginning and foundation of wisdom. Those who think they are wise, yet don't fear God, are not very wise at all. One day they will face Him and find out their wisdom was worthless in light of eternity. The author goes on to say, "Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgment". Good judgment comes from knowing God. The longer you walk with Him, then better your judgment becomes.

Application:

Good judgement should be longed for. Bad judgement can get us into all kinds of trouble. Most of the mistakes and problems in our lives are from bad judgment. The author tells us that good judgment comes from knowing God. The more we know Him, the better our judgment becomes and the better our judgment, the better our life. We should seek to know the Lord for who He is, but the fact that it will bring good judgment is icing on the cake. Good judgment will keep you out of bad financial deals. Good judgment will keep you from wrong relationships. Good judgment will make life so much better. Get to know the Lord better today and allow your judgment to get better and better.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to walk with the wise. I want to have good judgment in leading the congregation you have put me over. I want to know You. I want to know what pleases You and what You hate. I want to know Your voice when You speak to me. Help me grow in the knowledge of the Lord. Teach me to put on the mind of Christ every day and to walk in wisdom by fearing You. I want to make great decisions that bring prosperity and life to me and my family. Continue to show me the way.

I Love You Lord,

Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment