Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Tongue Control

Scripture:

“Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.” ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭13‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

I love the Proverbs. They are short and to the point. These little couplets of gold are awesome! In this one, those who live long are those who know how to control their tongues because opening your mouth can ruin everything you have worked for. 

Application:

We, and we, alone are tasked with controlling our tongues. Doing so leads to long life and blessing. We must learn to speak what needs spoken, but to control our tongues when necessary. In order to do this, we need to walk in step with the Spirit. He will let us know when to keep talking and when to be quiet. I don’t want to ruin things because I opened my mouth at the wrong time or said the wrong thing. Once words leave our lips, we can’t really take them back.

Prayer:

Father, help me to control my words and to be led by You in all things. Shoe me when to speak and when to be silent. Show me how to respond in every situation. I want to live with the wise and know what to do in each and every situation. Show me wisdom and teach me to implement it in my life.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment