Sunday, September 15, 2024

Foxes in Marriage

 Scripture:

“Catch all the foxes, those little foxes, before they ruin the vineyard of love, for the grapevines are blossoming!” ‭‭Song of Songs‬ ‭2‬:‭15‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Solomon is writing about lovers and how they interact with each other. He tells us here to catch all the foxes before they ruin the vineyard of love. There are always little foxes who want to try to steal, hurt, damage, etc. the love between a man and his wife. We are to get rid of the foxes so our love can flourish.

Application:

Finances is a fox, if not taken care of, they can ruin a marriage. Communication and honesty are foxes, if not done properly, they can destroy a marriage. Inappropriate conversations with those of the other sex are foxes that can destroy a marriage. We must eliminate the things we know have the potential to destroy a beautiful marriage. 

Prayer:

Father, help me to do my part to make my marriage great. Help me to eliminate whatever I do that irritates my wife instead of blessing her. Let me know how to balance things to better work together with her. I long for a great marriage. Help me to do my part in making it great. Help me eliminate any foxes that enter into our relationship.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment