Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Authority and Spiritual Fathering

 Scripture:

“I will dress him in your royal robes and will give him your title and your authority. And he will be a father to the people of Jerusalem and Judah. I will give him the key to the house of David—the highest position in the royal court. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭22‬:‭21‬-‭22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

God is speaking here through Isaiah and telling His people that he was raising up Eliakim to be a father to the people of Jerusalem and Judah. He was saying He was also giving him spiritual authority. “I will give him the key to the house of David - the highest position in the royal court. When he opens the doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.” These are generally words used to describe God Himself. 

Application:

Authority comes with spiritual fathering. When God calls a person to become a spiritual father, He also gives them to ability to open and close doors for people. This is a very powerful thought, but one that needs understood. As spiritual fathers, we have the keys to make things happen for people. We have authority to serve our children, but also to open doors for them.

Prayer:

Father, You are amazing! Help me to walk in step with You and to be a good father to those You have given me. Teach me to walk in authority and to open doors and close doors for my sons and daughters. Show me each step to take. I walk to only walk where and when You want me to. In my own life, open doors and close doors as I approach them. Show me which ones to open and which ones to close.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment