Monday, September 16, 2024

Real Love

 Scripture:

“Many waters cannot quench love, nor can rivers drown it. If a man tried to buy love with all his wealth, his offer would be utterly scorned.” ‭‭Song of Songs‬ ‭8‬:‭7‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Real love cannot be bought. There are artificial things in life that can be bought, but they are never the real thing. God is love and those who love are like Him. Love is given without price and appreciated all the more because of it. Love has incredible value, yet comes freely in our lives. We should appreciate those we love more and realize that what we have cannot be purchased anywhere else.

Application:

You can buy a high, but you cannot buy real love. You can buy things that will bring you temporary satisfaction, but real love cannot be purchased. Jesus gave us His incredible love when He died for us on that cross. My wife has loved me faithfully and walked with me for over 35 years and loved me when I have let her down. Real love brings security. Real love doesn’t need a high, but is demonstrated through actions. Love is powerful and we should let it flow from our lives as Christ did.

Prayer:

Father, let me walk in Your love and Your power. Teach me to love like You love. Help me to understand how to demonstrate Your love to the world. Work through me. Love through me. Use me for Your glory. I am Yours. Let the incredible power of love operate in and through my life. Don’t let me get bitter, but to love at all times.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment