Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Contentment

Scripture:

“Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don’t have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless—like chasing the wind.” ‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭6‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬ 

Observation:

In this passage we are told to enjoy what we have rather than desiring what we don’t have. This is meaningless. Godliness with contentment is great gain. We should be thankful for where we are and for what we have. We are all at different places in life and we cannot compare ourselves with others. Wishing we had more, never brings more. Wisdom, hard work, and thankfulness for what we have, brings more. 

Application:

I need to learn to be content while waiting for the blessing of God. I need to learn to enjoy where I am, on the way to where I’m going. We must never allow ourselves to think bigger and better things will bring us contentment. Contentment is learned when you have nothing. Then you appreciate the blessing God sends your way later.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, help me to walk in contentment each and every day. Help me to live a thankful life before You. Thank You for doing so much in my life throughout my years. You have shown Yourself strong so many times. Help me to trust You more and myself less. Teach me Your ways. You are incredible and I want to say I appreciate Your intervention in my life so many times. You are amazing!

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment