Wednesday, September 4, 2024

A Bubbling Brook

 Scripture:

“Wise words are like deep waters; wisdom flows from the wise like a bubbling brook.” ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭18‬:‭4‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This simple Proverb is deep. It tells us that wise words are like deep waters. Deep waters you can swim in, you can dive into, you can find a lot of fish, and you want to dive down into them to see what is down deeper. He goes on to say that wisdom flows from the wise like a bubbling brook. This simply tells me that it never stops flowing from some deeper place or some reserve somewhere.

Application:

I am amazed by wise people. They truly are like a fountain, always producing life giving and satisfying water. As I get older, wisdom has become very valuable to me. I long to be a source of wisdom for those around me. I want to bring wisdom to the table in every conversation. I want wisdom to flow out of my life like a river. I want to know what to do in each and every situation. When others are struggling about what to do, I want to provide direction, vision, instruction, and wisdom. God is the source of all wisdom, so I must seek Him and walk with Him daily.

Prayer:

Father, I want to be a source of wisdom to those around me. Let wisdom flow from my life like a fountain. You are the source of wisdom so help me to stay in step with You at all times. As I leave for Argentina today to help with a crusade, use me for Your glory. Touch Zarate for Your glory. Let many come to Christ and be saved, healed, delivered, and changed. Bring new life to people.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment