Saturday, September 21, 2024

Don’t Judge by Appearance

 Scripture:

“He will delight in obeying the Lord. He will not judge by appearance nor make a decision based on hearsay.” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭11‬:‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

One of the aspects of God that we often neglect to talk about is His justice. He is not only our savior, He is our judge. This verse is actually speaking about Jesus when He comes again to reign and rule the nations. We see here how He will judge. He will not judge by appearance, nor make a decision based on hearsay. Something can appear very right, but the Lord will look right through that and get to the truth. 

Application:

If this passage is about Christ and His second coming, we must also look at our own lives because we are His representatives on earth right now. I have to ask myself, “Do I judge by appearance or make decisions based on hearsay?” As a representative of the Lord on earth today I must get through the media, the hype, the spin, the lies and deception and find out truth. We cannot be influenced by corrupt people or false news reports. We must learnt to trust the Lord completely and realize that much of what we see around us is an appearance or hearsay. We must be people who find the facts for ourselves instead of being swayed by what we see around us.

Prayer:

Father, I want to live like Jesus. I want to judge fairly and with truth. I don’t want to be led by what “appears” true, but by what is true. I don’t want to be led by hearsay, but by the word of the Lord and by truth. Give me more discernment and fine tune my sensitivity to Your voice. Guide me so I can clearly and accurately lead Your people.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment