Thursday, September 19, 2024

Communicating God’s Words

 Scripture:

“Harden the hearts of these people. Plug their ears and shut their eyes. That way, they will not see with their eyes, nor hear with their ears, nor understand with their hearts and turn to me for healing.”” ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

This verse comes at Isaiah’s calling into prophetic ministry. He had just seen the Lord in all His glory and then received this commission. Today we say the goal of a minister is to open people’s eyes and ears to the Gospel. His calling was to plug the people’s ears and shut their eyes, so they wouldn’t turn to God because God wanted to judge them. 

Application:

We must be people who are willing to say what the Lord wants us to say and not just what makes sense to us or makes us feel good. As a man of God, I must deliver the message God wants to give to His church. Sometimes that is going to be positive, sometimes that may be corrective. My job as a pastor is to feed sheep what they need and not just what they want. My first audience is the Lord God Almighty and He needs to hear me speaking what He puts in my heart. My allegiance is to God, not people.

Prayer:

Father, help me to speak what You are speaking. Help me to speak on Your behalf what Your people need to hear. I want to represent You well in my generation. Help me to hear Your voice clearly and to communicate well what You are speaking. Let my voice be aligned with Your voice. Use my life for Your glory.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment