Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Full Surrender

 Scripture:

“But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.” ‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing this letter to his son in the faith, Timothy. He tells Timothy to keep a clear mind in every situation. This is great advice from someone who had led through many difficult things in the Body of Christ. Second, he tells him not to be afraid of suffering for Christ. In those days, that was simply part of the calling. The third instruction was to work at telling people the Good News. We should be about it every day. Lastly, he tells him to fully carry out the ministry God had given him. 

Application:

I want to live by these words of encouragement from Paul. I don’t want to leave anything undone that God asked me to do on this earth when I die. There are many opportunities before me right now. I need to know which ones to step into and which ones to let go. I need a clear mind and an ear to know what is God and what is not. I don’t want to miss out on anything God has planned for me. I also don’t want to do more than He asks. I want to see the Good News proclaimed in every region of the earth.

Prayer:

Father, I given myself to You with all my heart. Open the right doors and close all other doors in my life. I want to fulfill what You have for me, but I don’t want to do things just because I can. I want to do precisely what You have for me. Teach me to know the difference. Show me how to fulfill every calling on my life. I want to see You move in this generation stronger and stronger. 

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment