Saturday, September 14, 2024

An Example

 Scripture:

“Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.” ‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4‬:‭12‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells his spiritual son Timothy here that he is to be an example to all believers in five ways: 1. What you say. 2. The way you live. 3. Your love. 4. Your faith. 5. Your Purity. As leaders in the body of Christ, we are to be an example to others through our personal lives. We can’t just preach and teach, Our lives must be an example of what we teach and preach.

Application:

Our lives will always impact people more than our teachings. We can be excellent communicators, but we we don’t live what we teach, we are just a clanging cymbal that sounds good, but the effects are gone very quickly. If we want to make a lasting impact on people’s lives, they must see a person and not just hear a message. People need to see Jesus with skin on.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, You are incredible and I love you much. Help me to live in a way that pleases You and is a visual demonstration of what I teach and preach. Help me to be a living example of a blessed life. Help me to walk in a way that is worthy of the calling on my life. You are amazing and I want to represent You well.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment