Friday, September 13, 2024

Paul’s Purpose for Teaching

 Scripture:

“The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith.” ‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭1‬:‭5‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Paul tells his son in the Lord, Timothy, that the purpose of his teaching was that all believers would be filled with pure hearted love, a clear conscience, and genuine faith. As a pastor, my teaching should be like Paul’s. My goal should not be imparting something interesting, or moving people emotionally, but so they would be filled to overflowing with love, have a clear conscience because they are living right, and to have genuine faith. 

Application:

As a speaker and pastor, my goal doesn’t need to simply be to get a point across, but to people walk in love, obedience, and faith. That’s the end goal of teaching and I need to make sure that is the reference point I use when preaching a sermon or teaching. It needs to be about the growth of the individuals sitting in front of me.

Prayer:

Father, help me to teach Your people well. I want to see lives changed through teaching Your Word. I want to see people walk in higher levels of love. I long to see people live right. Lastly, I want to see people increasing in faith on a regular basis. Let my teaching bring about these things. Lord, unless You do the work through me, I cannot make these things happen. I am totally dependent on You.

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment