Saturday, September 22, 2018

Who Can Change God’s Plans?

Scripture:

“The Lord of Heaven’s Armies has spoken— who can change his plans? When his hand is raised, who can stop him?””
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭14:27‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

In this chapter, Isaiah is speaking of Babylon and their future.  God was allowing them to overthrow Israel, but He was also letting everyone know that their day was coming as well and that Israel would return to their land.  The words, “The Lord of Heaven’s Armies has spoken - who can change His plans?” Really stood out to me today.  When God speaks... it is going to happen!

Application:

Isaiah was telling everyone that when God speaks, nobody can change His plans and when He has determined to do something, nobody Cna stop Him.  When I come to the Lord, I must realize that His plans are going to come to pass.  I must believe that God is resolute concerning His plans and that He will fulfill them if I walk in step with Him.  When discouraged, I need to remember that what God says is going to happen.

Prayer:

Lord, thanks for reminding me that Your plans for my life, family, church and region are going to come to pass.  You are incredible and there is none like You.  Help me to see you as Isaiah saw You.  Help me to trust You more and more each day.  Walk with me today and let me speak Your words.  Let my life bring You honor today.  Let me pray Your words at the Washington Prayer Gathering.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment