Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Hard Will of God

Scripture:

“Harden the hearts of these people. Plug their ears and shut their eyes. That way, they will not see with their eyes, nor hear with their ears, nor understand with their hearts and turn to me for healing.””
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭6:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Just before this scene, Isaiah sees the Lord high and lifted up on his throne.  He experiences cherubim and seraphim crying holy, holy, holy.  He feels guilty before the Lord and ends up being called by God to which he responds, “Here am I, send me.”  After this powerful enounter with God, Isaiah hears his calling which is to harden people’s hearts, plug their ears and close their eyes so they won’t see.

Application:

Our generation loves to talk about the grace and goodness of God, but what if God called us to speak of His justice, anger and impending judgment?  We see the call of God as bringing life, love and liberty to people.  What is God said, “I want you to make people’s hearts hard, close their ears and their eyes because I want to destroy them.  Would our answer still be “Here am I.  Send me?”  I want to able to say yes to “whatever” the Lord calls me to do.  I want Him to know He can trust me with the hard will of God.

Prayer:

Father, I love Your blessings and your incredible love.  I also want to serve You completely and fulfill Your will for my life.  Help me to do Your will when it is easy and when it is hard.  Help me to be faithful when the blessings are flowing and when it seems there are no grapes on the vine.  More than anything, empower me to do Your will, whatever that is.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment