Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Living with Death in Mind

Scripture:

“Better to spend your time at funerals than at parties. After all, everyone dies— so the living should take this to heart.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭7:2‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

The author here says that it is better to spend time at funerals than at parties because everyone dies and those who are alive should think about this and take it to heart.

Application:

When we spend our lives at funerals, we are reminded about what is really important in life.  At a funeral, we never hear about the person wishing they had made more money, worked harder, or lived more free.  At a funeral you hear what is really important in life.  You hear a lot about family, close friends and people who loved the person.  At a funeral you find out how much of an impact your life made.  We should live like our funeral was going to be soon.

Prayer:

Father, let me live my life in light of eternity.  Help me to do what I do knowing that I will stand before You one day and give an account.  Help me to live with death in mind and to be every congnizant of the brevity of life.  I am yours and want to serve You well.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment