Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Sharpen the Ax

Scripture:

“Using a dull ax requires great strength, so sharpen the blade. That’s the value of wisdom; it helps you succeed.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭10:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Observation:

Wisdom helps you succeed, but you have to use it.  A dull ax makes you work harder than a sharp ax so we need to take the time to sharpen it instead of just using force to finish the task.  Wisdom beats strength every time.

Application:

I am a person who hates to take a break to sharpen the ax.  I tend to use brute strength and force to get things done and in the process hurt myself because I overexterted.  I need to learnt to use wisdom more and more as I age in life.  I want to be successful, but in order to do that, I know I need to use wisdom instead of strength.

Prayer:

Lord, let me walk with the wise instead of being foolish as I have been in the past.  Teach me to value wisdom over strength.  Help me to follow You at all times and to use the wisdom You have provided me with.  I am Yours, convict me when I’m using a dull ax and when I need to take a break to sharpen.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment