Monday, September 17, 2018

Love the Word

Scripture:

“When you come, please bring the leather book bag along with the books I left in Troas with Carpus—especially the parchment scrolls.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:13‬ ‭TPT‬‬

Observation:

Paul is writing his final letter to Timothy.  He is in prison and has truly given his life for the Gospel.  One of the things he longs for someone to bring him is his book bag and scrolls.  Paul had a love for the word of God that lasted till death.  He didn’t like being apart from his scripture.

Application:

Sometimes when a person has preached and worked in ministry for decades their love for the word of God dimishes and their amount of study of the word diminishes.  Paul, at the end of his life, wanted the word with him.  I want to be more in love with God’s word as I get older than I was when I was young.  I want to be like Paul and have a strong desire to be in the word at all times.

Prayer:

Lord, increase my desire for Your Word.  Let my heart be fixed on Your word.  Let Your Word be life and truth to me and let me hunger and thirst for more of Yoru word.  You are amazing and Your word is life to me.  Let my thirst for You and Your word increase throughout my years.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment